Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, to protect you, your loved one, hospital staff, and the public, you will not be able to visit your loved one in the hospital. We want to make sure you stay connected and engaged during this time with a loved one in our care.
Things You Can Do:
Discuss– Who will be the primary contact for the family. We can only share information with family members with the patient’s permission. We know there are many people who care about your loved one. Please choose one person who will talk to the hospital team during their stay.
Plan: How you and your loved one will stay in touch while you are apart. You can use their bedside phone number that the hospital will provide. If your loved one has a smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer, you may leave it with them. Make sure the device is labeled and charged. We can connect them to our internet to keep in touch via video chat.
Things You Can Do for Your Loved One and Yourself During the Hospital Stay:
- Keep a Journal
- Write down the team members to keep things clear for you and your family.
- Write down your questions for the team so you can ask them all at once.
- If you choose, write down your thoughts and feelings to share with your loved one.
- Do not send flowers or food. We may not be able to deliver cards and other items during this time.
- Many faith leaders and community organizations are able to connect to you by phone.
Things to Note When Your Loved One Is Admitted to the Hospital:
- Nurse name and phone number to the nurse’s desk.
- Your loved one’s bedside phone number.
- Hospital team names, emails and phone numbers.