Employee Stock Ownership Program
Acuity Healthcare is a proud employee owned healthcare provider …
- We desired to implement a plan that best preserves our company legacy, culture, and most importantly its employees.
- We desired to provide broad based employee ownership that allows employees to benefit directly in our company’s future success.
- We created an Employee Owned Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 2013.
- Acuity Healthcare is the only hospital company that is 100% employee owned.
- We are owned by members of the local communities to which we provide healthcare services.
What does this mean to our employees …
- This allows our employees to take pride in what they do while producing a culture of ownership.
- We offer a benefit that allows employees to focus on the care of our patients.
What does this mean to our physicians, patients and their families …
- ESOPs are associated with lower voluntary employee turnover.1
- Managed ESOPs experience increased productivity growth with greater engaged employees.2
- Lower employee turnover with more engaged employees translates to a more stable working and visiting environment for our physicians, patients, and their families.
For more information on becoming an Acuity Healthcare employee owner visit our employment page.
1. Source: 2012, “Does Linking Worker Pay to Firm Performance Help the Best Firms do better,” National Bureau of Economic Research
2. Source:1987, US GAO Study