Acuity Specialty Hospital of Southern New Jersey is currently seeking a Director of Provider Relations responsible for building and maintaining hospital census, marketing, and for the overall management of the Provider Relations team. This position is responsible for educating the community on all aspects of the hospital and its services with an emphasis on the referral and admission process. The Director of Provider Relations develops and implements marketing plans to increase referrals and admissions, and analyzes the market to identify new programs and initiatives that will impact the growth of the hospital.
- Manages census by meeting or exceeding Average Daily Census goals.
- Evaluates and maintains staffing to meet performance standards.
- Monitors Managed Care activity and strategizes appropriately to meet budgeted payor mix as well as to identify areas for needed contracts.
- Responsible for analyzing and converting the referrals into admissions that are generated from the community.
- Responsible for developing relationships with potential referral sources within the community including physicians, case managers, social workers, insurance companies, professional associates, profit and non-profit organizations, business leaders, and others as appropriate.
- Prepares marketing reports, goals and outcomes and communicates these to hospital clinical liaisons.
- Facilitates effective communication with physicians, referral sources, healthcare staff and patients, and responds promptly and appropriately to any concerns.
- Performs market analysis, including identifying and targeting new and existing services, opportunities, and market changes.
- Develops new programs and initiatives that assist to further the hospital’s mission.
Bachelors degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience required.
Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in healthcare marketing in a hospital or managed care environment preferred.
Supervisory experience and experience developing marketing plans for hospital(s)/territories.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated, self-directed, well-organized and team focused.
To apply online: